Is blogging dead?

Welcome to Blogging Collective!

Join our community of passionate bloggers dedicated to helping each other succeed in the world of blogging! Register Today - It's Free! If you're already a member, Login Now!

Shawn Gossman

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Community Moderator
Many people think blogging is dead.

However, by searching for any keyword on Google will show many blog results as the main results on page one.

Blogs are still making money. Trust me, I make money with mine. I make enough where I pay in every year for taxes.

I'm curious to know what it is that makes people think blogging is dead.

If you're on of those people, why do you feel this way?

There are a bunch of blogs I read that are still going strong even after being around for a while.

And as you mentioned, whenever I look something up a blog usually comes up right away.

There are a bunch of blogs I read that are still going strong even after being around for a while.

And as you mentioned, whenever I look something up a blog usually comes up right away.
I think those that assume blogging is dead and quit blogging are actually beneficial to some of us.

They make room for other blogs to get in on the action.

Less competition.

Dead? No, definitely got hard. A lot of competition too.

I mostly get answers from one blog or another when I try Google.
Definitely harder for sure.

When I first started blogging, before blogging was even blogging, it was easy to get a lot of views.

But that was Web 1.0 and the internet wanted content, any content, just as much content as possible.

Now the web is full of content, new every second, and everything is saturated.

So, the goal is now about NOT BEING THE NEEDLE IN THE HAYSTACK which is a goal all of us bloggers should have.

I think those that assume blogging is dead and quit blogging are actually beneficial to some of us.

They make room for other blogs to get in on the action.

Less competition.
Yeah, I have seen a lot of blogs come and go, which is a shame since I did keep up with some of them.

Just got to keep at it I guess.
Dead? No, definitely got hard. A lot of competition too.

I mostly get answers from one blog or another when I try Google.

I mentioned this earlier, but this is definitely the case for me too. It's interesting because some of the results I've gotten are from blogs that are also no longer active but the answers are still relevant.

Back