Welcome to Blogging Collective!

Join our community of passionate bloggers dedicated to helping each other succeed in the world of blogging! Register Today - It's Free! If you're already a member, Login Now!

Shawn Gossman

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Community Moderator
How do you feel about the statements below:

If you have no way to promote your new blog, start out with:
  1. Promote it on your personal social media profiles
    1. Ask your friends to reshare it
  2. Promote it to your close family members
    1. Ask them to reshare it
  3. Promote it to your close friends
    1. Ask them to reshare
This might be the most powerful way to promote your blog at least in its earliest phases.

How do you feel about this?

These strategies can definitely get you some traction as a beginner blogger when you really fear getting yourself out there and want to stick to your comfort zone of familiar family and friends.

After you've been blogging for a few months you will realize that your family and friends are probably not deeply interested in your niche and their friend network certainly isn't highly interested in your blogging niche, in most cases. Eventually, you'll get no traffic and make no money with the strategy because it's not highly targeted, at least when you start getting into months and then years of blogging.

The easy way, and I use that word rarely but it applies in this case, to get targeted traffic, blogging income and to enjoy the ride is to promote bloggers from your niche across social media. They will befriend you and promote your content to their targeted tribes which drives high quality traffic and blogging profits.

The easy way, and I use that word rarely but it applies in this case, to get targeted traffic, blogging income and to enjoy the ride is to promote bloggers from your niche across social media. They will befriend you and promote your content to their targeted tribes which drives high quality traffic and blogging profits.
I like this strategy.

I know I should do this more often, myself. It is a great way to network and get the favor returned but to also make a friend.

This strategy works so well because fellow bloggers who dig your generosity promote your blog to their targeted audiences, expanding your reach and driving quality traffic to your blog exponentially.

This strategy works so well because fellow bloggers who dig your generosity promote your blog to their targeted audiences, expanding your reach and driving quality traffic to your blog exponentially.
I think word of mouth might be the best way to promote. There isn't much than can get in the way of promoting using this method.

Worth of mouth might get you a few views buy generally I'd say social media is an amazing way to grab attention. Get a video on Tiktok that resonates with people and you could loads of views on your blogs.

Worth of mouth might get you a few views buy generally I'd say social media is an amazing way to grab attention. Get a video on Tiktok that resonates with people and you could loads of views on your blogs.
I'm unsure about the TikTok portion.

As a short-form video watcher myself, I found myself watching and scrolling - not looking at the description and not really subscribing.

I'd love to know whether or not the majority of folks watching are also doing that or not.

How about you? Have you used TikTok for traffic? Was it successful?

I keep my personal and professional life separate. I never promote my sites on personal profiles. I use them to wish and greet, nothing more.

But I have friends who are not from the real life. I have been online on different platforms for years now. There are a number of good friends who understands my passion and support my work.

I keep my personal and professional life separate. I never promote my sites on personal profiles. I use them to wish and greet, nothing more.

But I have friends who are not from the real life. I have been online on different platforms for years now. There are a number of good friends who understands my passion and support my work.
Word-of-Mouth can essentially be online as well.

For each friend you meet online, share your online projects with them, just not in a spammy way.

You never know what kind of loyal reader or subscriber you'll gain from it.

I agree! Personal recommendations are invaluable. The chain goes long and long especially through likes and share on social media.
Yeah, social shares are a good example of it. That can get you loads of readers and subscribers.

Using your connections is a good thing. It helps gain traction when other methods fail. It has a lot of credibility too.

Only thing that matters is don't feed the content to the wrong type of audience.

Only thing that matters is don't feed the content to the wrong type of audience.
You have to know your audience before you can do anything else.

You need to narrow down your niche so you can truly identify an audience. A generic niche or a market that's too broad is going to be extremely difficult to market it. It won't seem that way because you have so many available people but you're a needle in a haystack. You are 1 of a million people offering the same thing.

Narrow down your niche, become an expert in that niche, and you'll see success a lot faster than choosing a broad market.

The thing is, which I also believe struggles most people with, is that family members and close friends usually don't have the same interest as one's blog or website.

My friends and family are aware of what I do, but I don't see them joining because of that. So for me, those options are about as useless as a knitted condom.

Instead, as a webmaster who's been around for two decades, I've build out my email list from various communities, they're my first go to when sending a promotional message.

The thing is, which I also believe struggles most people with, is that family members and close friends usually don't have the same interest as one's blog or website.

My friends and family are aware of what I do, but I don't see them joining because of that. So for me, those options are about as useless as a knitted condom.

Instead, as a webmaster who's been around for two decades, I've build out my email list from various communities, they're my first go to when sending a promotional message.
A mailing list is definitely a good way of doing it. I think people should start a mailing list immediately along with their community or blog.

I'm unsure about the TikTok portion.

As a short-form video watcher myself, I found myself watching and scrolling - not looking at the description and not really subscribing.

I'd love to know whether or not the majority of folks watching are also doing that or not.

How about you? Have you used TikTok for traffic? Was it successful?

Luckily i don't use Tiktok! Don't need another social media in my life and i really dislike the short video format. Really not good for people's concentration. You see Tiktok success quite a lot though so people must be using it correctly for advertisement.

I didn't like short-form videos at first, but now I kind of do. I just need to be a bit more artistic about it.

I don't like TikTok because I trust the security of where it originates.

Same here. It’s a lot easier for me to spread the word of mouth through the use of other means. Especially with my social media accounts and forums that I’n apart of.

Short-form is the way to go. Usually when any social media trends picks up, we just have to follow.
Exactly. I have two baby sisters that are doing well with Tiktok.

I didn't like short-form videos at first, but now I kind of do. I just need to be a bit more artistic about it.

I don't like TikTok because I trust the security of where it originates.

Yeahhhhhh there's been some horror stories about how information is being kept and used. It's not worth it.

Back