What motivated you to start blogging?

Welcome to Blogging Collective!

Join our community of passionate bloggers dedicated to helping each other succeed in the world of blogging! Register Today - It's Free! If you're already a member, Login Now!

Shawn Gossman

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Community Moderator
Why did you start blogging?

I started way back before blogging was even a thing. I created my first HTML website and loved making content pages. I then started running forums using PhpBB. That was more than twenty years ago!

When blogging came into the picture, I loved the idea of journaling where everyone can see it.

That's where I started at. How about you all?

What motivated you to start blogging?

I'm into tech/development and usually follow these types of blogs, especially when I'm working on something and need some guidance. Every once in a while, I'll come across a problem that I am not able to find an answer for but eventually figure out.

I've been thinking of putting together a blog where I can write about how I came across certain solutions and more generally, thoughts on different aspects of development and technology.

Hoping to get something started soon!

I'm into tech/development and usually follow these types of blogs, especially when I'm working on something and need some guidance. Every once in a while, I'll come across a problem that I am not able to find an answer for but eventually figure out.

I've been thinking of putting together a blog where I can write about how I came across certain solutions and more generally, thoughts on different aspects of development and technology.

Hoping to get something started soon!
I suggest getting a few articles written first. Spend some time on writing them and making them awesome. Edit them up. Then schedule them to post head of time as you launch your blog so that you can stay ahead and make consistency a little easier.

I suggest getting a few articles written first. Spend some time on writing them and making them awesome. Edit them up. Then schedule them to post head of time as you launch your blog so that you can stay ahead and make consistency a little easier.
That sounds good. I feel like I might end up focusing too much on setting up the blog and not having the content ready, so I should prioritize the articles.

Thank you!

That sounds good. I feel like I might end up focusing too much on setting up the blog and not having the content ready, so I should prioritize the articles.

Thank you!
For sure!

In all honesty, there isn't much to setup when launching a blog.

You want the core focus to be on your content and make writing a priority.

Back