Turning Your Blog into a Membership Site

Welcome to Blogging Collective!

Join our community of passionate bloggers dedicated to helping each other succeed in the world of blogging! Register Today - It's Free! If you're already a member, Login Now!

Shawn Gossman

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Community Moderator
Transforming your blog into a membership site can create a steady stream of recurring income.

Membership sites offer exclusive content, resources, and community access for a monthly or annual fee.

This model works well if you have valuable, in-depth content that your audience is willing to pay for.

Have you considered or implemented a membership site for your blog?

What are the benefits and challenges you’ve encountered?

Share your insights and any tips for successfully running a membership site.

You would need quite a following in order to get people to want to pay for your blogs, it's not unheard of though. Do you have any examples of blog membership sites?

You would need quite a following in order to get people to want to pay for your blogs, it's not unheard of though. Do you have any examples of blog membership sites?
I think you could have both.

A normal blog where you post free content.

Then a membership portion that requires payment.

I think you could have both.

A normal blog where you post free content.

Then a membership portion that requires payment.
Very true, i guess that's sort of like the Patreon option on Youtube. Give your videos for free but make people pay for the behind the scenes stuff and other random content.

Very true, i guess that's sort of like the Patreon option on Youtube. Give your videos for free but make people pay for the behind the scenes stuff and other random content.
Exactly.

Of course, certain niches work for this, others don't work that well.

Blogging is a niche where it can work but I'll need ambassadors to help me. So, I'll give membership away for free for a while until I develop enough interest to offer paid. Then I'll use the "get it now at this price, lock it before it moves up to this price" a few times until I get the pricing where I want it. The value will make it worth it.

Back