Tips for Increasing Ad Revenue on Your Blog

Welcome to Blogging Collective!

Join our community of passionate bloggers dedicated to helping each other succeed in the world of blogging! Register Today - It's Free! If you're already a member, Login Now!

Shawn Gossman

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Community Moderator
Monetizing your blog through ads can be a reliable source of income, but maximizing that revenue requires strategic placement and choosing the right ad networks.

Experimenting with different ad formats, such as display ads, native ads, and video ads, can help you find the most effective combination.

How do you optimize ad placements on your blog?

Which ad networks have provided you with the best results in terms of revenue?

Google Adsense is the most stable of them all. I tried different options and over the years nothing beats Adsense. I know they can be annoying and sometimes highly procedural. But it is less headache compared to many other options.

One leaderboard banner, one banner below the sidebar. Nothing more. That is the maximum I would go any time.

Google Adsense is the most stable of them all. I tried different options and over the years nothing beats Adsense. I know they can be annoying and sometimes highly procedural. But it is less headache compared to many other options.
AdSense makes me quite a bit on one blog.

However, selling ads directly has made me significantly more than using an ad network. But it takes work, obviously.

100% true. You get to keep the full amount, you get to decide the terms, you have the advantage of keeping the relationship healthy.
But you do have to do all the work. It's easier to let Google do the work in finding the advertisers and just collecting a small percentage of what they get.

Back