Should you attach a forum to your blog?

Welcome to Blogging Collective!

Join our community of passionate bloggers dedicated to helping each other succeed in the world of blogging! Register Today - It's Free! If you're already a member, Login Now!

_Al

Continuing a conversation started here: REVIEW - 40K Games

I have (quickly counts) loads of blogs. Pretty much all in a gaming niche. My question is, will a forum help in promoting a blog? Are forums SEO goldmines or are they ignored? I read somewhere that user-created content (i.e. forums) are not appealing to search engines. Is this true in your opinion?

Has anyone successfully added a forum to their blog? What software did you use and how was it implemented?

Continuing a conversation started here: REVIEW - 40K Games

I have (quickly counts) loads of blogs. Pretty much all in a gaming niche. My question is, will a forum help in promoting a blog? Are forums SEO goldmines or are they ignored? I read somewhere that user-created content (i.e. forums) are not appealing to search engines. Is this true in your opinion?

Has anyone successfully added a forum to their blog? What software did you use and how was it implemented?
In some circumstances, it might be appropriate to add a forum alongside of your blog.

Back in the day, there were "bridges" to integrate both a forum and a blog together to share the same registration and login process/

Personally, I'd leave the blog visitor comments only and have a standalone forum nut bridged into anything.

Not every niche is going to work with a forum. A gamin one would likely work. Gaming forums are popular.

I typically use XenForo for my forum software. That powers this community.

Back