Making Your Blog Mobile-Friendly

Welcome to Blogging Collective!

Join our community of passionate bloggers dedicated to helping each other succeed in the world of blogging! Register Today - It's Free! If you're already a member, Login Now!

Shawn Gossman

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Community Moderator
With more people accessing the internet via smartphones and tablets, optimizing your blog for mobile users is essential. A mobile-friendly design enhances user experience and can significantly impact your blog’s traffic and engagement. Key strategies include using responsive design, optimizing images for faster loading, and ensuring that your text and buttons are easily readable and clickable on smaller screens.

How have you optimized your blog for mobile users?

What tools or plugins have you found helpful in making your blog mobile-friendly?

All blogs should be optimised for mobile these days otherwise you provably shouldn't even bother! You'll be alienating a massive percentage of people who will go elsewhere.

I agree.

Create for mobile first.

Mobile will look good on desktops, too.

Are there any plugins that are not? I stick with WordPress and it works for me. Almost all plugins I used respect the responsive nature of WordPress.

Are there any plugins that are not? I stick with WordPress and it works for me. Almost all plugins I used respect the responsive nature of WordPress.
AMP works well but I find it conflicts with AdSense.

My theme (DIVI) is quite responsive. I just try to create the desktop version to be mobile-first, so it looks better on phones.

I think people's mindset need to change.

Over 50% of online users browse through their phone or tablet. Desktop is no longer the ruler in traffic. So, when designing a website or blog, make sure you prioritize mobile view design, it should come first, not second. Once you have your mobile friendly website, then look into adding media queries to add enhancements for desktop.

I think people's mindset need to change.

Over 50% of online users browse through their phone or tablet. Desktop is no longer the ruler in traffic. So, when designing a website or blog, make sure you prioritize mobile view design, it should come first, not second. Once you have your mobile friendly website, then look into adding media queries to add enhancements for desktop.
Totally agree.

A lot of people are still stuck on making for desktop first.

Eventually desktops are going to be impossible to get. I dread that day because I'm a desktop kind of guy but it's the future.

Back