Leverage Multimedia

Welcome to Blogging Collective!

Join our community of passionate bloggers dedicated to helping each other succeed in the world of blogging! Register Today - It's Free! If you're already a member, Login Now!

Shawn Gossman

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Community Moderator
Create video versions of your blog posts and share them on YouTube and other video platforms. Embed these videos in your blog posts.

Start a podcast related to your blog topics and link back to your blog for show notes and additional resources.

Develop infographics that summarize key points of your posts. Share these on social media and infographics directories.

Do you leverage these things?

Some of the things I plan to write about involve how to solve certain problems (such as troubleshooting). I've been thinking of making a video to go along with these and see how that does.

Some of the things I plan to write about involve how to solve certain problems (such as troubleshooting). I've been thinking of making a video to go along with these and see how that does.
It's better if you make the video.

However, you can add value by adding videos that have already been made.

Now if you do add videos of others, embed them that is, don't add ones that cover the entire topic of your blog as that could take away from your blog. Instead, add videos that cover small sections of your blog.

For example, let's say you are writing a review of the new iPhone. You write a detailed review about all the features and on the camera section, you embed a video someone else made talking about how to use the camera manually.

You can see the example above adds value but doesn't take the full attention away from your review because it doesn't cover everything you're covering.

It's better if you make the video.

However, you can add value by adding videos that have already been made.

Now if you do add videos of others, embed them that is, don't add ones that cover the entire topic of your blog as that could take away from your blog. Instead, add videos that cover small sections of your blog.

For example, let's say you are writing a review of the new iPhone. You write a detailed review about all the features and on the camera section, you embed a video someone else made talking about how to use the camera manually.

You can see the example above adds value but doesn't take the full attention away from your review because it doesn't cover everything you're covering.
That's actually a great idea. I wouldn't have to add more work for myself if not necessary but I would still have a way to enrich my posts.

That's actually a great idea. I wouldn't have to add more work for myself if not necessary but I would still have a way to enrich my posts.
For sure. And the more value and resources you can add to your post, the more likely people will read it and love it.

Plus it helps other creators. :)

Back