How much sleep do you get?

Welcome to Blogging Collective!

Join our community of passionate bloggers dedicated to helping each other succeed in the world of blogging! Register Today - It's Free! If you're already a member, Login Now!

Shawn Gossman

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Community Moderator
I generally sleep 6 hours a night and have done that for quite a few years.

I feel like it's all I need.

How about you?

Less & less as I grow older. I’m usually, now, in bed between 11pm & midnight and then up at 5am.

I’ll sleep when I’m dead. Maybe, subconsciously, I’m aware of my mortality and want to get the most possible time out of the life I have left.

I sleep less as I grow older as well.

My dad naps all day. I don't like naps at all.

I've given myself way too much to do to take naps, lol.

People have to remember there is a difference between rest & sleep too. I'm in bed around 9-10 hours but sleep about 8 on average. I go to bed around midnight & get up around 9am/ 9:30am. There are days when I wake up with my husband at 4:30 where I stay up for a bit, depending on if I can get back to sleep or not.

4 to 6 to 8, usually.

The amount varies based on my travels. For example, we flew from Bangkok to NYC 2 weeks ago and one of the flights was a little under 14 hours, from Abu Dhabi to NYC. I stayed awake for 40 hours but slept soundly for 8, from 9 PM to 5 AM, when we landed in NYC.

Other times I do fine on 4 hours.

4 to 6 to 8, usually.

The amount varies based on my travels. For example, we flew from Bangkok to NYC 2 weeks ago and one of the flights was a little under 14 hours, from Abu Dhabi to NYC. I stayed awake for 40 hours but slept soundly for 8, from 9 PM to 5 AM, when we landed in NYC.

Other times I do fine on 4 hours.
I might have tried to sleep on the plane. But then again, I've never flown in a big commercial plane, so who knows if I'd have been able to sleep or not.

I might have tried to sleep on the plane. But then again, I've never flown in a big commercial plane, so who knows if I'd have been able to sleep or not.
Actually, fighting off sleep was strategic to help me avoid suffering from jet lag. If I would have slept on the plane for even 2 or 4 hours my sleeping schedule would have been way off on landing in NYC, likely being a go to bed at 7 PM and pop up wide awake at 1 AM scenario, because my body would have felt like I stayed up to 7 AM Thailand time and slept in until 1 PM, Thailand time. 12 hour time differences can throw off your body for weeks, even. The 8 hour difference was even worse; I spent 1 month going to bed at 5 PM and waking at 1 AM in Oman which felt horrible until I finally began passing out at 10 PM and waking at 6 AM. Pretty much conquered let lag these days, thank goodness.

Greetings from Chicago, BTW.

I usually sleep for 7-9 hours every night. If I don’t sleep for 7-9 hours a night, then I’ll take naps the night day in the afternoon. I love to get my rest though.

I'm still comfortable with my 5 or 6 hours a night. I'm getting more and more fine with going to be earlier though now, lol.

Back