How do you find the time to write?

Welcome to Blogging Collective!

Join our community of passionate bloggers dedicated to helping each other succeed in the world of blogging! Register Today - It's Free! If you're already a member, Login Now!

Shawn Gossman

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Community Moderator
How do you find the time to write?

How do you make time for blogging?

Do you have a specific strategy?

I usually find myself writing all blogging day long in terms of publishing various length updates. I publish these to social media mainly. But I also give myself a number of hours once each week to write and publish a post to my blog just to keep the momentum going over there. Now it's all about off-site work and as I'm pretty set on site but you definitely have to keep writing to keep your skills sharp. 👍

I batch content on social media. I usually do it every other day. I use Buffer for my social scheduling system. I'll batch schedule about 4 days worth each day to stay well ahead.

Then I research, write, and edit my blog posts, usually within 3 to 4 days.

My deadline is the day before the eve of the publish date.

How do I find time - with difficulty. I try and write before work and after the small human is asleep but it’s hard as I am knackered.

My only strategy is to post one post a week. I am also trying to be more consistent on social media

One post a week is good. Work on being consistent about that and gradually have a plan to add more once you gain more time.

Consider a scheduling service for social. It'll make it way easier!

How many post would you say is optimal. I want to get up to two a week. Also what scheduling tool would you recommend
If you can consistently post 2 a week, I say go for it. The more, the better.

But for social, I'd post multiple times a day. Post mostly native (non-promotional). I use Buffer: All-you-need social media toolkit for small businesses for mine. They have a generous free version, but I am using the Essentials premium plan myself.

On my newest blog, I post once a week on the blog and 5 times a day on social. I have a goal of eventually posting three times a week on the blog and about 10-13 times a day on social media profiles.

Back