Guest posting

Welcome to Blogging Collective!

Join our community of passionate bloggers dedicated to helping each other succeed in the world of blogging! Register Today - It's Free! If you're already a member, Login Now!

_Al

Has anyone engaged in any guest posting previously? Either by posting on another’s blog or having someone post on yours?

How did you find the process and were there any benefits?

Guest blogging is something I want to try to get into more of. I’m terms of me writing the blog.

As for my blog, I get a lot of requests daily for paid guest blog posts. But the content is horrible, probably quick AI generated content.

At the end of the day, it’s good to have strict standards for both your blog and blogs that you contribute to.

During my heyday, I placed well over 1,000 guest posts, with most being on Blogging Tips Dot Com.

Ballpark, I placed between 300 and 400 on a ton of different blogs.

I'd say the number one thing to do is to help bloggers out in your niche and ask for nothing in return to earn their trust and build relationships. From there, as long as you're writing and publishing posts regularly to gain credibility, you will get a fair volunteer of guest post invites.

Guest blogging is a phenomenal way to expand your reach and gain new readers for your blog.

The main reason why I pulled back was that I had to do a lot more housekeeping on my blog and I also decided to drive a lot more traffic through social media and through genuine blog commenting as well.

When Blogging Tips Dot Com changed hands, the new owner deleted all my guest posts because he moved in a different direction. I fully understand this, appreciated the opportunity and simply took my writing practice with me but also learned the lesson that creating and publishing on your own blog is first and foremost in terms of building your business.

I hate to hear that, though. It sucks when you put in that much effort only to have it removed later on.
I learned an invaluable lesson that day Shawn. We really have to run everything through our blogs and not invest so much attention and energy in someone else's blog simply because they own their blog, we do not and if they change policies or the blog changes hands, all your work can disappear in a split second. I do a steady volume of offsite work but thru a wide range of channels to not get burned again and also because my profiles on these sites point back to my blog, ultimately. But my blog is my primary focus.

I learned an invaluable lesson that day Shawn. We really have to run everything through our blogs and not invest so much attention and energy in someone else's blog simply because they own their blog, we do not and if they change policies or the blog changes hands, all your work can disappear in a split second. I do a steady volume of offsite work but thru a wide range of channels to not get burned again and also because my profiles on these sites point back to my blog, ultimately. But my blog is my primary focus.
I 100% agree with this.

I also look at it this way. Save your guest post and sit on it, especially if it is a masterpiece. Then if the client ever changes hands and it gets deleted, as long as it's evergreen, update it a bit, make it modern, rename it, and heck use it on your own blog so it's doesn't go to waste.

Back