Guest Blogging Etiquette

Welcome to Blogging Collective!

Join our community of passionate bloggers dedicated to helping each other succeed in the world of blogging! Register Today - It's Free! If you're already a member, Login Now!

Shawn Gossman

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Community Moderator
What Guest Blogging Etiquette tips do you suggest new bloggers adopt when trying to become guest bloggers?

What are the DOs and the DON'Ts of guest blogging?

The one thought that really comes to mind Shawn is to help out successful bloggers in your niche in as many ways as possible and to ask nothing of them to gain their trust. Once you have their trust you will build strong relationships with these folks and as long as you're publishing solid content on your blog, more of these blogging buddies will invite you to guest post without you even pitching them.

The one thought that really comes to mind Shawn is to help out successful bloggers in your niche in as many ways as possible and to ask nothing of them to gain their trust. Once you have their trust you will build strong relationships with these folks and as long as you're publishing solid content on your blog, more of these blogging buddies will invite you to guest post without you even pitching them.
Well, that's a good strategy! I'd welcome you the guest post on my blog any time! In fact, you'd be my first.

I am not really sure the best way to approach guest posts. Is it just as simple as email with hey are you looking for new guest posts?
My technique is to write out the post and attach it with Google Docs or something.

Basically, hand it over to them.

Make sure you write it like you're writing for your blog. Your reputation depends on it.

If they accept, you did good.

If they reject it, post it on your blog instead and move on to another potential blog.

Back