Welcome to Blogging Collective!

Join our community of passionate bloggers dedicated to helping each other succeed in the world of blogging! Register Today - It's Free! If you're already a member, Login Now!

Shawn Gossman

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Community Moderator
Google's E-A-T, which stands for Expertise, Authoritativeness, and Trustworthiness. It's a framework used by Google's quality raters to evaluate the quality of the content, particularly in determining the value of web content.

Expertise is met when the author creates quality content, has a background in the niche, and is highly engaging with their audience.

Authoritativeness is met when the author has a good reputation, credentials for knowing what they're doing, and a significant amount of backlinks.

Trust occurs when there is security, transparency, and accuracy with the author and their content.

Is Google E-A-T something you strive for? If so, how are you going about working to achieve this for you and your blog?

Mainly, I focus on the process of publishing detailed, targeted content and building strong bonds with successful bloggers from my niche. From there, focusing on these basics can satiate Google's EAT policy because the details, the work, the targeted service, can satisfy the Expertise, authority and trust factors. I drive most traffic through other channels because the Google algorithm does not resonate with my content style, largely. My blog posts are a bit too honest, and being truthful is not entirely popular, or heavily profitable, generally-speaking.

Back