Does blog SEO matter to you?

Welcome to Blogging Collective!

Join our community of passionate bloggers dedicated to helping each other succeed in the world of blogging! Register Today - It's Free! If you're already a member, Login Now!

Shawn Gossman

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Community Moderator
How much does blog SEO mean to you as a blogger?

Is blog SEO something you are trying to achieve? Or is it something you don't really care about.

Whether you cater to SEO or not, I want to know how you support your stance on it.

Reply with how you feel about using blog SEO to increase readership and more or if you don't use it.

I kept at it for a bit, Shawn, but Google traffic never really took off for me because I am intuitively most helpful on social media, through blog comments and on forums like yours. If I spent many hours optimizing my blog posts I could not be here, and on social, being truly helpful. Plus social media traffic and income seems to slowly build for me, far easier than the stout Google wall I ran into, in the past.

SEO can be highly beneficial but only if you are most needed on Google. Sometimes, our greatest success occurs well off of the beaten blogging path.

I've paid it some mind as I feel it's important to have irons in all the fires (and fingers in all the pies). But, as @ryanbiddulph suggests, social media is going to be the most obvious source of traffic. Right now I am just building up content, publishing links to Facebook and chatting as normally as possible on Twitter.
Additionally, I have a YouTube channel started, Twitch, TikTok(!), Threads... There's so many. I can't possibly do them all so I've outsourced a couple to my boy who is 16. I haven't got a clue how TiKTok works, so this has now become a generational endeavour.

Social media has definitely been my main source of blog traffic. Facebook, in particular, with my page having over 13K followers.

But at least on my hiking blog, I've managed to get most of my posts on Page 1 and nearly to the top for the most part.

I've done this through SEO practices and keyword research.

Back