General Blogging Do You Know the Difference Between Forcing Things and Sprinting from Blogging Success?

Welcome to Blogging Collective!

Join our community of passionate bloggers dedicated to helping each other succeed in the world of blogging! Register Today - It's Free! If you're already a member, Login Now!

Blogging articles that don't fit any other prefix.
393213590_10233074786672290_6229427098854155507_n.jpg

Recently I visited Chicago for a few days.

I loved my time in the Windy City.

Before we arrived I did a little research on the neighborhood where we'd be staying to get a feel for it. Chicago, unfortunately, generates some negative national press at times for the sky high crime rate in specific parts of the city.

Where we stayed was quiet, peaceful and quite beautiful, as you can see from the featured image above.

But other districts did in fact look rough around the edges.

I did not act foolish enough to walk through the most dangerous neighborhoods.

But I also knew that reaching the waterfront meant knifing through some semi-sketchy areas because it is a major urban area, after all, with begging and some perhaps nefarious activity - albeit lower profile - going down.

I did not force things by traipsing through the rough parts of town but left my comfort zone to glide through less rougher spots in order to enjoy the waterfront, exercise and world-class views.

What does this have to do with blogging?

Well guys, basically, you need to leave your comfort enough to see when you are truly forcing things, or, going too far, versus being scared to commit, or being lazy, or self-sabotaging your freedom and worldly success.

I was not going to stroll through some areas on the South Side of Chi-Town where gun violence is high; this example of forcing things to look brave, or, to make the ridiculous decision of walking way too far outside of my current comfort zone, could have led to me being the victim of crime in the rarest, but worst, scenario, and feeling terrified for my entire walk through the area, which is not the point of doing anything, in life.

However, in order to enjoy:

- the waterfront
- exercise
- a sunny day in the 60's
- gorgeous city views

I would have to walk through a lower crime area with the occasional homicide or robbery; I did see a wanted poster for a recent murder in the area on a telephone pole on one street.

I had to nudge into at least a little bit of fear if I wished to leave the apartment and get exercise, see a beautiful city and enjoy the weather.

Blogging-wise, this is baby-stepping outside of your comfort zone to experience success, and its benefits, slowly but surely, One practical example as a new blogger would be spending 3-4 hours to write and publish a 1,000 word blog post; do-able, albeit, a bit uncomfortable.

Again, blogging-wise, forcing things would be attempting to take a quantum leap as a newbie blogger, rocketing outside of your comfort zone with:

- 18 hour blogging days
- attempts to write and publish a 10,000 word blog post
- opening 5 income channels

A new blogger has no idea what blogging really is; trying to write 10,000 words for one post is madness, a genuine definition of forcing things.

Yet, convincing yourself that devoting 4 hours to writing a 1000 word post is also "forcing things" is just as damaging because you need to engage in *some* form of skills development on a daily basis to actually succeed.

Why?

The 1000's of bloggers who engage in some daily blogging activity will gain skills, exposure and credibility; if you do not commit to some blogging activity daily, persistently, your skills, exposure and credibility will barely move the needle, you will struggle, fail and quit.

Do not run away from the work.

Do not run away from freedom.

Do not run away from skills development.

Do not sprint from learning how to blog.

Do not make excuses.

Do not defend your excuses.

Appreciate experienced bloggers who challenge you.

Leave your blogging comfort zone on a daily basis to figure out what's REALLY too much for you and what you need to do, daily, regularly, to actually begin building a successful blogging career.

Like everything in life, guys, where your attention, energy and time goes, grows.

Give it to blogging and your blog will grow.

Do NOT give it to blogging and your blog will not grow.

Everything hinges on your decision.

Back