Content Optimization Tips

Welcome to Blogging Collective!

Join our community of passionate bloggers dedicated to helping each other succeed in the world of blogging! Register Today - It's Free! If you're already a member, Login Now!

Shawn Gossman

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Community Moderator
Update Old Content: Refresh and update existing blog posts with new information, keywords, and multimedia elements.

Create Evergreen Content: Focus on content that remains relevant over time to ensure long-term traffic.

Quality over Quantity: Prioritize high-quality, in-depth articles over numerous short posts.

What are your content optimization tips?

I'm in the middle of updating some content. I do have some questions though.

Should the date the post was added be changed to reflect when the changes have been made?

Should I add a note saying that the information has been updated?

I'm not sure what best practices are regarding updating old content.

Those are interesting questions. If the information remains the same does that not show some longevity and consistency for SEO purposes?

Should the date the post was added be changed to reflect when the changes have been made?

Should I add a note saying that the information has been updated?
Yes, to all.

Re-publish the post with your new date. This will initiate Google and other search engines to recrawl the content.

Put in a note that you've updated the post. Focus on updating information and factual data that has changed. Update any broken links. Rewrite the title and meta description to reflect modern times, and add an additional information that gets it up to date.

Keep the same URL structure.

Those are interesting questions. If the information remains the same does that not show some longevity and consistency for SEO purposes?
I would think so. I do recognize that because I'm discussing software, it is prone to change. I just think about the number of times certain social media sites have changed their layout and things have to be done differently.

I'm also thinking whether I should just write another post entirely if a lot has changed. Maybe have a legacy section for very outdated stuff?
Yes, to all.

Re-publish the post with your new date. This will initiate Google and other search engines to recrawl the content.

Put in a note that you've updated the post. Focus on updating information and factual data that has changed. Update any broken links. Rewrite the title and meta description to reflect modern times, and add an additional information that gets it up to date.

Keep the same URL structure.
Yeah, I was leaning this way. Sounds good, thank you!

I keep the original date and add info on top that this article was update on..
If you re-publish it, it'll get crawled again and the updates are reflected better.

RankIQ has some goo information on it:

Back