General Blogging Blogging Strategy: How to Define Your Consistency (Reward Included!!!)

Welcome to Blogging Collective!

Join our community of passionate bloggers dedicated to helping each other succeed in the world of blogging! Register Today - It's Free! If you're already a member, Login Now!

Blogging articles that don't fit any other prefix.
Many bloggers struggle with the factor of how to define your consistency in publishing content.

You might be one of these bloggers. And that's okay. It's normal. We all go through it at some point in our blogging adventures. Sometimes, it's from the start; other times, it's after we've already started blogging.

While it does happen, and it's fine that it happens, you need to overcome it and define your consistency as a main priority of your blogging routines.

Consistency matters because:
  1. It gives you ambition and discipline as a writer and publisher
  2. It allows you to define your own schedule
  3. It shows search engines when to expect content (great for SEO)
  4. It gives your readers an idea of when to expect content (great for audience retention)
Consistency is oftentimes just as important as the content and value of content on your blog.

Posting at different times, sporadically, can be more negative to your blogging strategy than positive. You'll see fewer results than you want to see. It'll also make you burn out quicker. Consistency gives you organization and a schedule. This makes blogging easier and less overwhelming.

My Recommended Strategy:
Start by not publishing content on your blog. If you've just started your blog, this is easy to do. If you have an established blog, put a post explaining that posting has stopped but will start back soon. For an established blogger, this strategy is only relevant if you're experiencing a lack of consistency and you want to get better at gaining it.

Next - just start writing for the first month. Don't give yourself a deadline. Just try to write as many articles as you can in ONE month. Focus on these important elements of each article you write:
  • Research and quality content
  • Value of content
  • Grammar and structure
  • SEO and keyword research
  • Call-to-Action integration
  • Focusing on your niche
  • Answering the hardest questions of the niche
  • Solving niche problems
After you've done this for a month, reflect on how many articles you could get out.

Consistency doesn't rely on how many times a week or month you publish content. It relies on choosing any amount that YOU CAN PERSONALLY HANDLE DOING and posting on an organized day and time.

My consistency is posting every Tuesday and Thursday every week. I also post at 10:00 AM CST.

Looking back at how many articles you were able to create using my suggested elements in the bulleted items, decide on how many posts you want to publish during a month. Maybe it's one a month? Maybe two a week? Maybe one a day? You must decide based on your ability to be creative and consistent about creating content to keep up with your chosen schedule.

I would personally recommend 1 to 2 a week.

Your next assignment is to write for another month, but focus on how many articles you plan to publish during the whole month. Don't publish them, but give yourself a deadline for when you would theoretically publish the articles on your blog. So, if you want to publish 1 a week on Friday, you must create an article before Friday, as that would be your posting date. Do this for another month, creating new content using the same elements I suggested in the bulleted section of this article.

After the month has passed, decide again on your consistency goal. After a month of writing, do you need to raise or lower your article amount goal? Was it overwhelming, or could you have written more? Consider that you'll do this all year long and every year at that.

After you've decided, do the same thing again for another month, writing content based on a deadline and schedule.

After that month, if nothing has changed, then you're ready to start publishing content and being consistent about it.

What about the reward???

The reward is all the content you created for this strategy. I told you to write the content, save it, and don't publish it. You should have a lot of content after three months of writing. You should have enough to schedule the posts to stay consistent with your goals. Now, you'll be writing for future posts rather than hurrying to meet a deadline just in case life gets in the way. All the content you've created is waiting there to be scheduled so you can focus on getting better at your content consistency goals.

That's an awesome reward if you ask me!

What do you think about this strategy? Did you find it helpful at all?

Attachments

• define-your-consistency.jpg
    define-your-consistency.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 31
Great article here, especially for beginners I might add. For some bloggers, they don't have a set strategy in mind. They may have read other blogs or enjoy writing & got the idea into their own head to start one themselves. Thinking all one needs to do is write the blog. Not realizing there's way more to it if it's to be successful.

Back