Welcome to Blogging Collective!

Join our community of passionate bloggers dedicated to helping each other succeed in the world of blogging! Register Today - It's Free! If you're already a member, Login Now!

Shawn Gossman

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Community Moderator
For those of you who will not use WordPress, for whatever reason you choose, what alternative out there do you prefer to use and why?

I have been looking for this for years now. I never found one.

WordPress is unique and comfortable in many ways. There is no effective replacement as of now.

I have been looking for this for years now. I never found one.

WordPress is unique and comfortable in many ways. There is no effective replacement as of now.
I agree with that.

It's bitter-sweet, too. Sweet because it's WordPress and so easy to use. Bitter because what if something happened to WordPress, and we desperately needed an alternative that was that good???

I tried out Ghost before and I enjoyed the simplicity of it. It's not as extensible as WordPress but it can get the job done.

Ghost is expensive, though, right? It's not free?
There's the official hosting they provide like wordpress.com, but it is open-source so you can download the software and run it on a server, like WordPress.

The requirements to run Ghost, from my understanding, requires a server with more resources then what you would need to run WordPress, where it can get expensive.

Back